How We Got Started
- We are a voluntary group based in and adjacent to the Caheragh area. Our common bond being we were all privileged to have know the late Professor Gerry O’Sullivan and regard him as our friend and inspiration.
- We registered the company Caheragh memorial Park Limited on the 27th of November 2012 No. 520630.
- On the 22nd. February 2013, we registered the business name “Professor Gerry O’Sullivan Memorial Park” – registered No. 468328.
- These two entities were formed / registered solely for the purpose of establishing and maintaining the Memorial Park in Caheragh Village.
- The required land has been generously handed over by Michéal and Kathleen Kirby.
We wish to continue the creation and maintenance of our themed gardens in keeping with our overall theme ‘Science Through Nature’.
Our inspiration for this Project is a unique opportunity to honour and acclaim the international eminence of Professor Gerry O’Sullivan.
We want to continue the development of the Memorial Park by extending accessibility, creating a safe environment for people of all ages and abilities.
To continue the creation and maintenance of our themed gardens in keeping with the overall theme ‘Science Through Nature’ and involving educational projects.
Recreational and outdoor dining facilities to be provided.
Target Dates: €15,000 by September 1st 2022
• €25,000 by January 15th 2023
• End Date January 2023
Chairman: Micheál Kirby – 086 2320261
Secretary: Kathleen Kirby – 086 8035317
Treasurer: Padraig O’Driscoll – 086 2441900
P.R.O.: John O’Neill – 087 2357288
- Bank of Ireland, Market Street, Skibbereen, Co. Cork.
- Name: Caheragh Memorial Park Limited T/A Professor Gerry O’Sullivan Memorial Park
- IBAN: IE32BOFI90295224587483